Rent Due Date

SLopez

We have a weird “payment due” date for our rent from our tenants. It’s due on the 8th of the month and late on the 10th... he’s foreign and requested it based on when he’s paid, so no biggie. For the first 6 months he paid electronically. Apparently he was being charged fees and asked if he could mail checks instead. We said that was fine as long as we received them in time to have them post to our account by the 8th. Every month he has sent his payment on time. BUT... here’s where things get funny. I have the USPS mail delivery notification - where I get an email with pictures of what’s going to be in my mailbox that day. Every month, I see the envelope he sends but it is never in my mailbox that day. I’ve had to report it missing 3 times but each time it winds up in my mailbox eventually. The first time, he paid me electronically and I held the check until the following month. I’m wondering why it’s JUST this piece of mail that is continually a problem. I’ve checked the address- it’s correct. It seems fishy. He’s doing everything right- he mailed it Aug 26 and it was pictured and supposed to be in my box Aug 31... still haven’t gotten it. Any insight? Is it because they scan it and see a big check inside?!