Tenant information

Kassandra RPM Alaska

• Moderators

Posted on the Facebook Private Group Page:  FYI Landlords are in Facebook, Website Forum, or both.

Patricia Malone-Roberts shared her first post.

New Member · January 1 at 6:22 PM

Looking for advice....I have been using a property manager for the last year and a half, however I just terminated my contract with them because they’ve been nothing but a nightmare from day 1 😕. I’m going to take over managing my rental house myself and wanted to contact my Tenant to let them know what’s going on.

The official terminating date for the property managers is the middle of this month but my property managers refuse to give me my tenants phone number or email address and told me it was illegal for them to give me any information about my tenants. Can anyone tell me if that is true? It doesn’t sound true to me and my property managers have bean known to lie. I looked through my contract with them and the AK landlord tenant laws and couldn’t find anything that said it was illegal for a property manager to give the owner of a property the tenants information.

The only thing I know about my tenant is their name and of course address. I know the property managers have not told my tenant about them being fired and I don’t want my tenant to be blindsided by this change, so I sent a letter to them letting them know what’s happening. Is there anything else I can do?